Hosting an art exhibition for the first time can be stressful. Even if you have experience in the art industry you may require a bit of helpful advice to make sure you host an event that everyone will remember and that will help sell the art that you are displaying. It is an art to host an event where most of the guests that are attending are having a good time. You can do it but it will take a bit of hard work and lots of commitment to do this effectively.
It is important to get insurance before hosting your show because you might be featuring expensive art pieces that will cost a fortune to replace. Accidents happen and it is sometimes just better to be prepared for them at all times. Liability insurance will be the ideal product to add to your process. Read more about what this cover is for. You can even take out the policy for a limited time only to ensure that you are covered for the night of your event. Choosing the venue is also incredibly important. If you have a limited budget find a place that is central enough for your guests to reach without effort but also not a venue that will cost you an arm and a leg.
Instead of serving expensive dishes take a look at Salad King for some of the best salad dishes that you can serve at your exhibition. This is a healthy alternative and all the art lovers that will be attending our event will love it. Don’t spend a fortune on catering if you can order a few dishes and display it yourself. With miniature shrimp rolls at such a reasonable price your guests will eat in the lap of luxury without making your bankrupt. While choosing a venue you need to make sure that you meet the owner. This is important to make sure you are aware of all rules and regulations. You might have to have a portfolio on hand to show the owner what you will be hosting and what your needs will be for that night.
Once you have the venue arranged and the agreement is in place that includes items like how long the art will be displayed and what will happen with proceed you need to start marketing the exhibit. It is important for people to know that you are hosting an exhibit and that is going to require some networking. Make sure that you let everyone know that you have ever interacted with. It is especially effective if you share with people that are involved in the art world. Click here to learn more about advertising for free with social media. This is a great way to get the word out there without costing you a fortune. Lastly get yourself a fabulous outfit for your opening night. You need to look and feel your best, this is your show, own it!
Since the beginning of art, the term art have been heavily debated. How do you decide what is art and what is not art when there are so many different tastes in our wonderful and diverse world? What some view as glorious art, others will view as garbage. What some will pay millions of dollars for others will shake their heads at in disgust. Art is quite difficult to define simply because there are so many different forms of art. A common work of art that is not recognized as art is comics. Comics aren’t art because they are jokes, right? Well comics are much more than just a joke to lots of people.
The definition of art
Art is a creative expression or application of human skill combined with imagination. Art is usually in a physical or visual form like paintings, sculptures or even digital arts. Art is created to capture beauty, history, emotions and truth or fiction.
Why comics can be seen as art
Comics are definitely creative and you need a lot of imagination to create comics. They are also a good example of exceptional drawing and illustration skills especially since the illustrator has to have a great talent to create so many different poses, emotions and events by the same character. A lot of time goes into creating comics and comics also captures emotions of people who can relate to the comics as well as a bit of history in the form of the story. A comic strip is no different than the tales told on ancient cave paintings and can definitely be seen as a work of art.
Some comics are worth millions
Comic book collections started out as good clean fun but is now worth a fortune. Action Comics No. 1, for example is worth $1 500 000 simply because this comic book contains the first introduction of Superman. And that is just a normal copy of the comic book. If you have a comic book in mint condition then you can fetch even more for your comic book. The second most expensive comic book is Detective Comics, No. 27 in which Batman makes his debut. This comic book has a value of $1 300 000. If people are willing to dish out more than a million dollars for a single comic book then comics can definitely be seen as art.
Check out comics by Stephen Collins
Stephen Collins is a cartoonist from Hertfordshire, UK. He is a cartoonist and illustrator. His works are a true work of art because they capture true emotion to which people can relate, the illustrations are often hilarious and his illustration style is very unique and modern. Since 2008, Collins has won several awards as best writer or artist and his works are seen in many publications worldwide. His works include comic strips, casual jokes, book illustrations and he even wrote his very own book which was shortlisted for the Waterstones Book of the Year award. A comic by Stephen Collins would be a fantastic addition to your art collections.
The most exciting part of art is finding a piece that suits you and taking it home for the first time. There is a challenge to keep that piece looking as it did the day you bought it. You want to keep your art maintained and protected so that you can show it off for decades or perhaps sell it as an investment. There are a few steps each person that owns pieces of art needs to take to keep the magic of their painting alive. It doesn’t matter how much you spent on your painting you want to take care of it whether you intend to sell it to someone else or leave it as a keepsake for your next generation.
Experts say that taking care of your art starts by selecting the right frame. If you are willing to spend money on a painting that you are fond of you need to further your investment by using a good frame. Your art should never be cut down to fit the frame. There should be no framing gaps. The style however is completely your choice. Read more about choosing a suitable frame for your painting. It is incredibly important to display your painting in the right location. You might think that your sunroom is ideal and will compliment your masterpiece but there are many factors that you would need to consider.
Direct sunlight is really bad for your painting as it fades art and will make your painting worthless. There should be no extreme temperatures at all for example radiators are bad. You also don’t want to keep your painting in an area where there is mold because that could really damage the painting. Take a look at mold testing Kansas City to book specialists to visit your premises and test your home for mold. They are also able to remove any mold that you might have. This will be ideal for your paintings and for your own health. Mold is a horrible thing to deal with and can only completely be handled by specialists.
Choose the right type of glass. You can use non-reflective glass to protect your painting. You need to also take great care of the glass that you use by for example using a cleaning product that doesn’t streak in order to keep your painting visible and pleasant to look at. You should also use a soft micro-fiber cloth to clean the glass in order to avoid any scratches. Make time to lightly dust the frame once a week to eliminate grime buildup. Click here to read more about choosing the right glass for your painting.
Always handle your painting with great care. If you are moving it around make sure that it is carefully packaged and handled with extreme care. Pack your painting flat and not upright to avoid any great damage. It is an investment that you don’t want to just ruin by being careless.
Motorcycles are works of art in and of themselves. The chrome and shiny paint is certainly an eye catcher. Then there are those who go the extra mile to get custom art painted on to the tanks and saddles. However, we are more intrigued by the artists who represent motorcycles in print form. These individuals can be considered great motorcycle inclusive artists, and their works are awaiting a place on your walls.
Perchance, a motorcycle accident lawyer might benefit from making a purchase from one of these gifted artists. This way, those who have answered the call of the open road, who have embraced the thrill of the wide open spaces, will be reminded of its beauty should they wind up needing an attorney. Choosing an attorney like the one on the end of that link means you get someone who rides a motorcycle too. And, if they’ve got great motorcycle art to boot, there’s nothing wrong with that!
Phenomenal Motorcycle Artists
The individuals on this list have an appreciation for the fine lines and power represented by these gorgeous machines. They are phenomenal motorcycle artists who deserve some attention. So, please take some time to investigate the incredible art produced by these individuals:
- Brian Commerford– He claims to be a story teller in his paintings. And, says he has a desire to bring joy into everything he does.
- Mark Rogan- His medium is photography. He’s been able to photograph a number of classic motorcycles in the UK and the US. The motorcycle enthusiast is sure to find something they love in his images. You can check them out for yourself here.
- Brad Holderman– Brad’s love of photography shines through the raw and real images he takes. His up close Harley engine picture is highly desirable.
- Nikki Smith– She is an artist and entrepreneur. Her images evoke thoughts of scientific discovery. It’s like she’s creating diagrams to better understand the motorcycle and its workings. Think Leonardo da Vinci’s, Vitruvian Man. If you are having a hard time picturing it, then click this for some examples of her work.
- Pablo Franchi– He is an artist who uses pen and ink as a medium. He might do things in pencil too. His sketches include images of Indian and Harley Davidson motorcycles.
- Gary Kroman- Fatboy Sunset seems to be his main motorcycle image. But, if you like all things rock and roll, this is the artist for you.
- Giuseppe Cristiano– He got his start as a comic book artists working on lots of different storyboards. Ride and Wheels are his most notable motorcycle centered pieces.
- Daniel Hagerman– Hagerman is a computer geek. He spends his time restoring historic photos. So, most of his works are not necessarily original, just rejuvenated.
- Mike McGlothlen- He has found the happy union of art and technology. His photos are digitally enhanced, and he is now a full time artist living in North Carolina. You’ll love his motorcycle art though, so follow this link to see what he can offer.
- Russell Pierce– He’s a graphic designer with professional training. He likes digital work, but also enjoys making art with oils and pastels.
- Bill Cannon– A photographer and digital artist, Cannon’s work has been featured in print and on TV. Leaning Hard is a particularly interesting piece.
If you’d like to see more motorcycle art you can go here.
Art does not have functionality. You cannot sit on art. You cannot use art. You cannot eat art. You cannot create with art. Art is just for good looks and style. Some art investors will buy art so they can one day profit from the works but most people who buy art, buy it to improve the look, feel and style of their homes. It thus makes sense that they want to buy from a stylish artist. With good style you can build a much better reputation which will make you much more approvable and much more reputable. The more popular and reputable your work is the more people will buy your work. Here are some great ways for you to be much more stylish on your next exhibit so more people will look up to you and be interested in your work.
Travel in style
Most artists have a hard time to get their works sold when they haven’t got a good reputation just yet. That means that most artists are likely to be broke. You shouldn’t arrive at a major art exhibit in your old rigidly car. People might judge you and refrain from buying your art if they think you don’t have class. LAX is a Luxury Car Service that you can use to get you to your major exhibit in style. Their classy vehicles will help you improve your overall look. You can arrive in something small, yet stylish like a Tesla or you can go all out by arriving in a luxury limousine. The best part about the LEX car service is the fact that you don’t have to worry about anything during the journey. A professional chauffeur will get you to your exhibit safely, securely and on time.
Dress to impress
You should look as good as your paintings do. That way you won’t be embarrassed to pose next to some of your fantastic works and you will always look great in all magazines. A professional styling artist can help you choose a stylish outfit that will stand out from the crowd and they will give you the best advice on how to do your hair, makeup, nails and more so you can look fantastic.
Practice small talk and speeches
Exhibits are mostly quiet because people love to stare at, admire and study art. But when prospective clients do actually ask you questions or interact with you, you should be able to communicate effectively and you should be able to practice small talk to keep things from getting awkward. A major exhibit can be stressful and you can easily forget how to speak effectively. Practicing some lines and speeches before the exhibit will help you calm down and will help you communicate better.
Eat before you go
Stress can cause you to feel woozy and low blood pressure combined with stress could lead to you feeling horrid on your special night. You should try to eat before the evening so you will feel energized. But remember to keep your meals light so you don’t feel bloated or too stuffy to concentrate.
Planning on putting together a student art display at your school? Here are a few tips that can help improve the effectiveness of the show.
- Take someone’s help. Converse with guardians who have shown interest or are willing to volunteer however need to work during the school day. This can be an extraordinary approach communicate or even build your network. Loved ones appreciate seeing what you’ve been showing your students and might be willing to help, as well. Showing student work during the time may go past what’s anticipated from you, however it won’t go unnoticed. It’s justified regardless of the additional time and exertion. Simply recollect that, you don’t need to do it all by your own. Numerous hands make work easier and lighter!
- Include work from all students, not only the best ones. This is truly vital! You don’t want to face a weepy 5-year-old questioning why his or her art work wasn’t displayed on the wall, do you? You can separate a class into numerous groups, or plan ahead and have students work on smaller projects so the pieces all fit in one show space, or take a look through variety of artwork of a student and pick every student’s best work, however be sure to include each and every student!
- Arrange the organization of your show, much the same as you would a drawing or painting. Remember the Elements of Art (line, shape, frame, shading, shape, surface, and space) and Principles of Design (adjust, development, musicality, differentiate, accentuation, example, and solidarity) as you lay out your course of action of student work. You’ll most likely be moving things around a bit, so a few tape moves at the highest point of every piece will permit you to make required adjustments rapidly and effortlessly as you work out the last position of everything. To help you keep edges straight and parallel, utilize the level and vertical lines of the wall (where it meets the roof and corners) as your guide.
- Analyze your audience. On the off chance that the greater part of your viewers will be parents or different grown-ups, hang the displays at their eye level. For students, hang it a bit lower. In the event that the overall population will see your show, it’s most likely best to utilize students’ first names as it were.
- Reward the students for their hard work. For all the efforts that the students put together in making the art as well as putting it up for display, reward them for it. The rewards could range from gifting them goodie bags to organizing nerf gun war activity for them. A nerf gun war is a mock battle where all participants use nerf guns to shoot each other with slings etc.
- Incorporate a title and brief clarification. An illustrative title and a short remark on the crafter, idea, or system that students found out about will give viewers a superior comprehension and gratefulness for what they’re taking a look at. Keep in mind to keep it brief. On the off chance that you write down too much, they likely won’t set aside the opportunity to read it. Give them simply enough so they will read it and think, “Goodness, now I get it!”
The chances of making a lot of money from art are quite dim. You only make money from art if you have a good and recognized name and if your work is tremendously good. It can take years to build a good reputation and even longer to get people to recognize you if you don’t have the right marketing system. By marketing your art and yourself more effectively you will have more sales, get the recognition for your work that you have always dreamt of and you will finally start earning something back for all that hard work. Here is some great ways in which to promote your art for quicker sales.
It is hard to get people to visit your website or social pages on demand. They only see the information you share when they are bored and actually log on and in the mean time they could be missing out on some terrific deals you have to offer. By sending bulk messages to your client database they will instantly be informed of anything major that is happening with your art. You can inform your clients of the latest artworks up for grabs, the latest discounts, art workshops and much more. Bulk SMS is one of the quickest ways to alert people of major news and you can also use the messages to lure clients to your workshops or websites by adding a link to the pages. You can check out this site to find out more about bulk messaging.
Sell on social media
Social media pages are great for art sales because you can promote to hundreds of people instantly and they can actually see your wonderful works of art by simply visiting your page. You can also use social media for competitions to lure feed to your sites and to promote your skills.
Create an online gallery
A website can be used as an online gallery to display, share information and sell your art. You can create your own site where you display only your work or perhaps even join other online galleries to sell on their sites.
Compete in art competitions
Art competitions are great for two things. The first is to get recognized for your work by winning some awards and the second is to get your art shared with the world so the pieces will sell faster.
Display art at a busy supermarket
One of the best ways to show the world your works is to get a stand near a busy centrum or mall. Everyone that walks by will notice your work and you can hand out pamphlets with information on your website and contact details. Your pieces are much more likely to sell since most people who go to a mall or shopping center are already in the mood for shopping and probably have some spending money.
Display in local galleries
Art lovers love to visit art galleries. You can ask gallery owners to display your works and sell your art much faster on a commission basis.
Everyone has their own taste. That is the joy of being human, we all get to choose what we like and that also applies to what type of art we would like to display in our homes. There are so many different types of art to choose from and that makes the choice hard sometimes. The first and most important thing to look at is what you as an individual are drawn towards. Here are a couple of forms of art that might help you decide what you would like to add to your domicile.
This is one of the oldest forms of art and is in the sense traditional. Even thought there are many types of painting which includes fine art, abstract and modern paintings. You could even lean towards watercolors or oil paintings. In this case beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.
This is exactly what the name says. Prints are simply images graphically designed by an artist that gets printed out and framed or mounted on a block. This is usually more sensible for the modern home.
This is for the classical or modern home owner because a sculpture can really create and environment. There are so many different types of sculptures to choose from that even includes sculptures as small as a pin head that is only visible through a magnifying glass. Take a look at some of the most interesting sculptures here.
This is also one of the most obvious choices for many art lovers. Photography is definitely a form of art and there are some beautiful creations that have been made with this method. If you are looking at perhaps taking your own photos and showing off your skill at photography take a look at the Nikon d 750 for a great camera to start with. You will be able to capture beautiful shots and try different techniques to find what works best for you.
This can include anything from pottery, beading, embroidery and other crafts. You can really create a beautiful environment with the right crafts on display. There are some amazing African art that is done by crafts that will compliment any home and give you the desired warm environment that you are looking for. Click here to take a look at some amazing African crafts.
This is a new and beautiful art form that is a more permanent display. It would entail an installation in your home that is typically three dimensional and it can be made with different materials or mediums. It might be an interactive piece which includes walking around the piece or including some lighting. As previously mentioned this is definitely a permanent option and can be quite extreme if that is your taste. Take your time when you opt for this art form because you would want something that suits your décor and style to avoid buyer’s remorse.
There are different reasons why you like doing art. You may like painting because it helps you pass time. You may love doing art because it helps you relax so that afterwards, you can focus on things that you find important.
When was the last time that you have thought about being energy efficient? If it has been a while, remember that being energy efficient can make huge changes with the world that we live in. You can always start with small things like making sure that you will not leave the lights on when no one is around. You can also make sure that you will dispose your paint materials properly. In time, you will start thinking about bigger things like asking yourself, “Are log homes energy efficient?” What matters is you will have a home wherein you can paint with ease.
It is likely that out of all the artworks that you have seen, you normally gravitate towards abstract art. Abstract paintings are usually full of geometric shapes that are meant to signify the things that we see around us. Abstract art is known to be interesting because it is unconventional. If you have never imagined that you will conform with other artists that you know, making your own version of abstract art will be useful.
Here are a few things that you can do so that you can paint properly:
- Know what type of canvas you are going to paint on. There are different types of canvas that are available for you. Some of these canvases can be used immediately but there are also some that you may need to stretch or cure a bit so that it can fit the effect that you are going for.
- Have the right type of paint handy. You will have your own preference when it comes to the paint that you are going to use. If you are a beginner, it is best to choose acrylics because if you make mistakes, you can paint over them with no issues at all. For oil paint however, they may be a bit odorous and will take longer to dry.
- Be aware of the color theory. Knowing your color wheel well will allow you to make decisions regarding the colors you are going to use for your abstract painting. If you would choose the right colors, you can expect that your painting will also look better.
- Decide whether you would like your painting to have warm colors or blue colors. If you are feeling truly artistic or you are trying to prove something through your painting, you can make a mixture of the two. Just make sure that the meaning of your painting will not get lost in translation.
- It is best to work with a textured background. This will improve the quality of your abstract painting. To create a textured background, you may want to apply a thick gel primer in shapes that you feel will complement the colors of your painting.
You will know when your artwork is already complete. You will have a feeling that you have already done all the things that can make it work properly.
There are some people who usually feel frustrated whenever they try to use oil pastel because they tend to feel like they are crayons. They are unable to make as many details as they want mainly because oil pastel tends to be large in size.
The oil pastel that beginners use are normally big and are harder to blend. If you would like to seriously use oil pastels as your medium in doing art, do yourself a favor and search for the best quality of oil pastels that you can afford. Remember that the softer the oil pastels are, the easier it would be for you to blend them.
If you really cannot afford the best quality pastels available, your next best option is to search for artist grade pastels of different brands. You may need to mix these together so you can achieve the type of quality that you want. It is important that you will know the different types of oil pastel first before you can start
In your spare time and while you are not learning a lot about oil pastels, perhaps you can check Netflix Australia so you will be able to access various shows and movies. There is a big chance that you will see some shows there that will entertain you for hours. Navigating the website is easy, simply type in the movie or the show that you want to watch and all the options will be available to you.
Once you are ready to do art again, here are a few tips that can help you out:
- Know what type of style that you want to do. Do you want to be a realist or an impressionist? Your choice will affect the techniques that you are going to do to improve your artwork.
- It is best that you have a clear view of what you want to place on paper. Would you like to draw a basket of fruits? Perhaps you would like to do scenery with the use of pastels. It will be up to you. Just be sure that you know what you are going to do.
- If you have never worked with pastels before, you have to be prepared that it is going to be different. You may not be that excited to try it out in the beginning but once you get the hang of it, you will be able to use it with ease.
Benefits Of Using Pastels
As a beginner, here are some benefits that you can expect to get from using pastels:
- You do not need to set up a lot of your art materials before you get to work. You just need your pastels and you can already start.
- Your untrained hand will still be able to do a masterpiece with the use of the right pastels.
- You can blend and layer the way that you want to.
Remember that the main tip to remember when you are using oil pastels is to always have fun especially when you are just learning to use it. Do not take it too seriously and you will notice that you will start getting better at it in the long run.