Art does not have functionality. You cannot sit on art. You cannot use art. You cannot eat art. You cannot create with art. Art is just for good looks and style. Some art investors will buy art so they can one day profit from the works but most people who buy art, buy it to improve the look, feel and style of their homes. It thus makes sense that they want to buy from a stylish artist. With good style you can build a much better reputation which will make you much more approvable and much more reputable. The more popular and reputable your work is the more people will buy your work. Here are some great ways for you to be much more stylish on your next exhibit so more people will look up to you and be interested in your work.
Travel in style
Most artists have a hard time to get their works sold when they haven’t got a good reputation just yet. That means that most artists are likely to be broke. You shouldn’t arrive at a major art exhibit in your old rigidly car. People might judge you and refrain from buying your art if they think you don’t have class. LAX is a Luxury Car Service that you can use to get you to your major exhibit in style. Their classy vehicles will help you improve your overall look. You can arrive in something small, yet stylish like a Tesla or you can go all out by arriving in a luxury limousine. The best part about the LEX car service is the fact that you don’t have to worry about anything during the journey. A professional chauffeur will get you to your exhibit safely, securely and on time.
Dress to impress
You should look as good as your paintings do. That way you won’t be embarrassed to pose next to some of your fantastic works and you will always look great in all magazines. A professional styling artist can help you choose a stylish outfit that will stand out from the crowd and they will give you the best advice on how to do your hair, makeup, nails and more so you can look fantastic.
Practice small talk and speeches
Exhibits are mostly quiet because people love to stare at, admire and study art. But when prospective clients do actually ask you questions or interact with you, you should be able to communicate effectively and you should be able to practice small talk to keep things from getting awkward. A major exhibit can be stressful and you can easily forget how to speak effectively. Practicing some lines and speeches before the exhibit will help you calm down and will help you communicate better.
Eat before you go
Stress can cause you to feel woozy and low blood pressure combined with stress could lead to you feeling horrid on your special night. You should try to eat before the evening so you will feel energized. But remember to keep your meals light so you don’t feel bloated or too stuffy to concentrate.
Planning on putting together a student art display at your school? Here are a few tips that can help improve the effectiveness of the show.
- Take someone’s help. Converse with guardians who have shown interest or are willing to volunteer however need to work during the school day. This can be an extraordinary approach communicate or even build your network. Loved ones appreciate seeing what you’ve been showing your students and might be willing to help, as well. Showing student work during the time may go past what’s anticipated from you, however it won’t go unnoticed. It’s justified regardless of the additional time and exertion. Simply recollect that, you don’t need to do it all by your own. Numerous hands make work easier and lighter!
- Include work from all students, not only the best ones. This is truly vital! You don’t want to face a weepy 5-year-old questioning why his or her art work wasn’t displayed on the wall, do you? You can separate a class into numerous groups, or plan ahead and have students work on smaller projects so the pieces all fit in one show space, or take a look through variety of artwork of a student and pick every student’s best work, however be sure to include each and every student!
- Arrange the organization of your show, much the same as you would a drawing or painting. Remember the Elements of Art (line, shape, frame, shading, shape, surface, and space) and Principles of Design (adjust, development, musicality, differentiate, accentuation, example, and solidarity) as you lay out your course of action of student work. You’ll most likely be moving things around a bit, so a few tape moves at the highest point of every piece will permit you to make required adjustments rapidly and effortlessly as you work out the last position of everything. To help you keep edges straight and parallel, utilize the level and vertical lines of the wall (where it meets the roof and corners) as your guide.
- Analyze your audience. On the off chance that the greater part of your viewers will be parents or different grown-ups, hang the displays at their eye level. For students, hang it a bit lower. In the event that the overall population will see your show, it’s most likely best to utilize students’ first names as it were.
- Reward the students for their hard work. For all the efforts that the students put together in making the art as well as putting it up for display, reward them for it. The rewards could range from gifting them goodie bags to organizing nerf gun war activity for them. A nerf gun war is a mock battle where all participants use nerf guns to shoot each other with slings etc.
- Incorporate a title and brief clarification. An illustrative title and a short remark on the crafter, idea, or system that students found out about will give viewers a superior comprehension and gratefulness for what they’re taking a look at. Keep in mind to keep it brief. On the off chance that you write down too much, they likely won’t set aside the opportunity to read it. Give them simply enough so they will read it and think, “Goodness, now I get it!”
The chances of making a lot of money from art are quite dim. You only make money from art if you have a good and recognized name and if your work is tremendously good. It can take years to build a good reputation and even longer to get people to recognize you if you don’t have the right marketing system. By marketing your art and yourself more effectively you will have more sales, get the recognition for your work that you have always dreamt of and you will finally start earning something back for all that hard work. Here is some great ways in which to promote your art for quicker sales.
It is hard to get people to visit your website or social pages on demand. They only see the information you share when they are bored and actually log on and in the mean time they could be missing out on some terrific deals you have to offer. By sending bulk messages to your client database they will instantly be informed of anything major that is happening with your art. You can inform your clients of the latest artworks up for grabs, the latest discounts, art workshops and much more. Bulk SMS is one of the quickest ways to alert people of major news and you can also use the messages to lure clients to your workshops or websites by adding a link to the pages. You can check out this site to find out more about bulk messaging.
Sell on social media
Social media pages are great for art sales because you can promote to hundreds of people instantly and they can actually see your wonderful works of art by simply visiting your page. You can also use social media for competitions to lure feed to your sites and to promote your skills.
Create an online gallery
A website can be used as an online gallery to display, share information and sell your art. You can create your own site where you display only your work or perhaps even join other online galleries to sell on their sites.
Compete in art competitions
Art competitions are great for two things. The first is to get recognized for your work by winning some awards and the second is to get your art shared with the world so the pieces will sell faster.
Display art at a busy supermarket
One of the best ways to show the world your works is to get a stand near a busy centrum or mall. Everyone that walks by will notice your work and you can hand out pamphlets with information on your website and contact details. Your pieces are much more likely to sell since most people who go to a mall or shopping center are already in the mood for shopping and probably have some spending money.
Display in local galleries
Art lovers love to visit art galleries. You can ask gallery owners to display your works and sell your art much faster on a commission basis.
Everyone has their own taste. That is the joy of being human, we all get to choose what we like and that also applies to what type of art we would like to display in our homes. There are so many different types of art to choose from and that makes the choice hard sometimes. The first and most important thing to look at is what you as an individual are drawn towards. Here are a couple of forms of art that might help you decide what you would like to add to your domicile.
This is one of the oldest forms of art and is in the sense traditional. Even thought there are many types of painting which includes fine art, abstract and modern paintings. You could even lean towards watercolors or oil paintings. In this case beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.
This is exactly what the name says. Prints are simply images graphically designed by an artist that gets printed out and framed or mounted on a block. This is usually more sensible for the modern home.
This is for the classical or modern home owner because a sculpture can really create and environment. There are so many different types of sculptures to choose from that even includes sculptures as small as a pin head that is only visible through a magnifying glass. Take a look at some of the most interesting sculptures here.
This is also one of the most obvious choices for many art lovers. Photography is definitely a form of art and there are some beautiful creations that have been made with this method. If you are looking at perhaps taking your own photos and showing off your skill at photography take a look at the Nikon d 750 for a great camera to start with. You will be able to capture beautiful shots and try different techniques to find what works best for you.
This can include anything from pottery, beading, embroidery and other crafts. You can really create a beautiful environment with the right crafts on display. There are some amazing African art that is done by crafts that will compliment any home and give you the desired warm environment that you are looking for. Click here to take a look at some amazing African crafts.
This is a new and beautiful art form that is a more permanent display. It would entail an installation in your home that is typically three dimensional and it can be made with different materials or mediums. It might be an interactive piece which includes walking around the piece or including some lighting. As previously mentioned this is definitely a permanent option and can be quite extreme if that is your taste. Take your time when you opt for this art form because you would want something that suits your décor and style to avoid buyer’s remorse.
There are different reasons why you like doing art. You may like painting because it helps you pass time. You may love doing art because it helps you relax so that afterwards, you can focus on things that you find important.
When was the last time that you have thought about being energy efficient? If it has been a while, remember that being energy efficient can make huge changes with the world that we live in. You can always start with small things like making sure that you will not leave the lights on when no one is around. You can also make sure that you will dispose your paint materials properly. In time, you will start thinking about bigger things like asking yourself, “Are log homes energy efficient?” What matters is you will have a home wherein you can paint with ease.
It is likely that out of all the artworks that you have seen, you normally gravitate towards abstract art. Abstract paintings are usually full of geometric shapes that are meant to signify the things that we see around us. Abstract art is known to be interesting because it is unconventional. If you have never imagined that you will conform with other artists that you know, making your own version of abstract art will be useful.
Here are a few things that you can do so that you can paint properly:
- Know what type of canvas you are going to paint on. There are different types of canvas that are available for you. Some of these canvases can be used immediately but there are also some that you may need to stretch or cure a bit so that it can fit the effect that you are going for.
- Have the right type of paint handy. You will have your own preference when it comes to the paint that you are going to use. If you are a beginner, it is best to choose acrylics because if you make mistakes, you can paint over them with no issues at all. For oil paint however, they may be a bit odorous and will take longer to dry.
- Be aware of the color theory. Knowing your color wheel well will allow you to make decisions regarding the colors you are going to use for your abstract painting. If you would choose the right colors, you can expect that your painting will also look better.
- Decide whether you would like your painting to have warm colors or blue colors. If you are feeling truly artistic or you are trying to prove something through your painting, you can make a mixture of the two. Just make sure that the meaning of your painting will not get lost in translation.
- It is best to work with a textured background. This will improve the quality of your abstract painting. To create a textured background, you may want to apply a thick gel primer in shapes that you feel will complement the colors of your painting.
You will know when your artwork is already complete. You will have a feeling that you have already done all the things that can make it work properly.
There are some people who usually feel frustrated whenever they try to use oil pastel because they tend to feel like they are crayons. They are unable to make as many details as they want mainly because oil pastel tends to be large in size.
The oil pastel that beginners use are normally big and are harder to blend. If you would like to seriously use oil pastels as your medium in doing art, do yourself a favor and search for the best quality of oil pastels that you can afford. Remember that the softer the oil pastels are, the easier it would be for you to blend them.
If you really cannot afford the best quality pastels available, your next best option is to search for artist grade pastels of different brands. You may need to mix these together so you can achieve the type of quality that you want. It is important that you will know the different types of oil pastel first before you can start
In your spare time and while you are not learning a lot about oil pastels, perhaps you can check Netflix Australia so you will be able to access various shows and movies. There is a big chance that you will see some shows there that will entertain you for hours. Navigating the website is easy, simply type in the movie or the show that you want to watch and all the options will be available to you.
Once you are ready to do art again, here are a few tips that can help you out:
- Know what type of style that you want to do. Do you want to be a realist or an impressionist? Your choice will affect the techniques that you are going to do to improve your artwork.
- It is best that you have a clear view of what you want to place on paper. Would you like to draw a basket of fruits? Perhaps you would like to do scenery with the use of pastels. It will be up to you. Just be sure that you know what you are going to do.
- If you have never worked with pastels before, you have to be prepared that it is going to be different. You may not be that excited to try it out in the beginning but once you get the hang of it, you will be able to use it with ease.
Benefits Of Using Pastels
As a beginner, here are some benefits that you can expect to get from using pastels:
- You do not need to set up a lot of your art materials before you get to work. You just need your pastels and you can already start.
- Your untrained hand will still be able to do a masterpiece with the use of the right pastels.
- You can blend and layer the way that you want to.
Remember that the main tip to remember when you are using oil pastels is to always have fun especially when you are just learning to use it. Do not take it too seriously and you will notice that you will start getting better at it in the long run.
There are a lot of things that you may want to focus on in life. For instance, you would like to get the chance to have your very own online business with the use of a tool that can help you out. Some are saying that the wealthy affiliate scam is not real but isn’t it that the results will always be different even for people who are doing similar things.
Your online business will always depend on the things that you are going to do. Even with the help of a tool that will allow you to sell your artwork better, it will still work if you could sell your art appropriately.
If you would like to sell your artwork online, here are some places wherein you can sell them:
- Ebay – Do not underestimate the power of eBay especially since it is a place where people can bid for the items that they want to acquire. You can set the starting bid of your painting to a reasonable price so that you will get a profit when you sell it.
- Amazon – This is considered to be one of the largest directory of online stores because it will allow you to sell anything that you want. Selling your artwork will not be an issue when you post pictures of your painting through the site.
- Art Pal – This is known as a free gallery wherein people can look for art and actually sell art. You can sell your artworks here. A lot of times, you can get about 95% of the artwork that you have sold. This is a great place if you are selling artworks made by other artists and you are hoping to get a profit but if you are an artist, you can choose to sell your original artwork here too.
- Cafe Press – If the artwork that you sell is unique and different from all the others, you can get featured on this site so you will gain the recognition that you deserve.
- Etsy – This is a known site that caters to a lot of artists who are trying to sell their original artwork. If you love creating handcrafted pieces, you will have no trouble with selling some of your items through this site at all.
Of course, if you do not want to rely on other websites, you can always create your own site. Just make sure that you will use the right tools to create your website properly especially if you have no knowledge about coding, programming and website design.
Another option for you is to hire a professional who can sell your artwork. This is only recommended though if you have the extra money for it. A lot of struggling artists do not so you can always choose to do the options that are mentioned above instead.
If you do not sell your artwork immediately, you should not feel down. You should not feel like everything is going against you. Your time will come as long as you are patient and passionate about your artwork.
It is hard to think of traditional art as a technological advancement. However, the utilization of new tools beyond finger painting, and horse hair, are actually quite representative of the technological evolution that has aided in the creation of some incredible pieces of art.
As much as we would like to provide you with specifics on that evolution, we would be better served to offer you in-depth drone reviews. At least that way we could access some of the reports on the wee unmanned aircraft. Instead, though, maybe we will someday figure out how to paint with a drone, strap brushes to it and fly it around above a canvas dripping and swiping until our heart’s content.
Until that day, we would much prefer to point you in the direction of some interesting artists who are taking technology and art to a different level. Some of them are using computer technology while others are simply imitating it. The results are fascinating. We hope you will think so too.
Artists who Love Technology
The people on this list have some sort of technological affinity that drives them to create pieces inspired by technology on some level. So, without further ado, here are the artists we would like you to meet:
- Mark Flood– This gentleman has been deemed a cultural prankster because he takes popular logos and then pushes them to the edge. He paints them in a pixelated form that almost makes you wonder if he isn’t part robot himself. Read more about Mr. Flood.
- Parker Ito– Utilizing 3M Scotchlite fabric, he creates images that cannot be photographically rendered on a computer screen. When a photo of the piece is taken and digitized it often looks like an entirely different painting. He claims to love the internet but have a desire to show how it has altered traditional life and the objects that surround it.
- Michael Manning– A touch screen tablet or other computer based format is employed alongside a program that acts as if one could experiment in oil painting. Manning uses his fingers to create the strokes on the screen and then prints the images on canvas where he adds acrylic brushstrokes to give the appearance of an actual painting.
- Israel Lund- Photocopying machines must have really made an impact on this man. He has a thing for silk screening, squeegees, and canvas. His images look like they are photo copies complete with severe pixilation. Find out more about Israel Lund here.
- Petra Cortright– Analog and digital tools are her mode of design. She is able to continuously modify her pieces on the computer prior to printing them onto interesting canvases, like aluminum. She is interested in exposing the greed associated with online consumption and her pictures often poke fun at memes and videos.
- Cai Guo-Qiang– Interestingly enough, this gentleman is a fan of gunpowder. He specializes in images that are created as a direct result of a gunpowder explosion. He ignites the powder and then utilizes the images that are left behind by the residue of that event. See some of Guo-Qiang’s work by clicking this.
Art is what you make it, much as life is. Perhaps that is why we are ever curious about which follows the other. Regardless, art will be ever changing as we continue to think ourselves more advanced.
Making art is one of the best hobbies out there. Painting relaxes you, it gives you something wonderful and fun to do when you are bored and you create something completely unique that no one else has ever created. But this fun hobby does not come cheap. Student artists will mess up a bunch of expensive canvases, waste a lot of expensive paint and work their way through scales of brushes on their journey to perfecting their skills. There is no short cut to learning art. You need to practice to become good at art and you need good products to practice. A great way to save on the expense of creating art is to start making your own canvases and art frames.
Tools you need for DIY canvases or frames
Router table – With a router table you can cut decorative designs into wood or for smoothing the edges of the wood. The router tables are great for woodwork because they are super easy to use and they allow you to do difficult and dangerous wood cutting much safer. The router table will allow you to make fantastic looking frames or prep wood canvases. On http://www.toolsaroundthehouse.com/reviews/best-router-table-guide/ you can have a look at all of the best router tables that are currently on the market.
Drill – You will need a good drill to assemble canvases or frames.
Hammer – A hammer will also help you with the assembly of some canvases and with the adding of brackets to wood canvases for hanging.
Sander – With a good sander you can create smooth wood canvases and beautifully shiny wood frames.
Make your own painting frames
Painting frames are extremely expensive. With a Router table, drill, hammer and sander you can make just about any frame design you want. You can finally start to frame your paintings yourself or perhaps even start making some great extra cash by selling frames.
Make your own stretched canvases
It is much cheaper to make your own canvases than to by pre-frame canvases. All you need is fabric, primer, wood panels, nails and nail glue. You can prep and make your canvases in any shape and size that you may need.
Give wood canvases a try
Paintings on stretched canvases or fabric canvases are a somewhat new method of creating art. In the past, artists like Vincent van Gogh and Leonardo da Vinci used wood panels for painting. Wood canvases are ideal for painting since they can last for centuries but are no longer in use by artists because of the weight. You can make your very own wood canvases at a fraction of the cost of normal canvases. DIY wood canvases are ideal for student artists since they are so cheap. All you need is a wood panel, saw and a sander and you can make as many canvases as you need. Audrey Kawasaki is a modern artist that uses wood canvases for her artworks. Her works are tremendously popular and is even used in scales of tattoos, calendars, art prints, phone covers and much more.
We have all seen the wonderful portrayal of Marilyn Monroe done by Andy Warhol. It has an almost comic look but a great addition to any retro home. Pop Art started in the fifties and was a movement marked by a fascination with popular culture that appeared in the post-war community. It started in America but caught on pretty quickly with the bright colors it offered and spread to the UK. The pop art paintings didn’t only show people but also included common household items like washing powder, soda pop and other items. This form of art descended from Dadaism by mocking formal art in a sense while depicting as previously mentioned regular everyday items that were for sale in supermarkets. Click here to take a look at the Marilyn Monroe portrait done by Andy Warhol.
There are a few artists that got involved in the movement that include Jasper Johns and Robert Rauschenberg who painted flags and beer bottles to display their creative side. The British artist, Richard Hamilton used magazines and defined Pop Art as popular, transient, low-cost, witty, young and sexy. The artist that was responsible for putting pop art on the map and made it incredibly famous was Andy Warhol. He portrayed screen prints of coke bottles, soup cans and film stars. It really was a movement that mocked established art. It can be imagined that art critics really had a field day with pop art by never seeing it as true art because it lacked the quality that famous fine art painting had in those days.
Pop art was almost always considered as commercials because of the items that were painted. Take a look at more examples of Pop art here. These artists also set themselves apart from abstract art in those days and proudly stated that they had no interest in being part of any type of art whatsoever. If say for example a pop art campaign was launched for medical treatment it would be colorful and would grab everyone’s attention. If you are on the lookout for some fantastic medical treatment and great outpatient surgeons take a look at Surgeons In Beverly Hills.
Today Pop Art is incredibly famous and we can all agree that it is absolutely stunning and definitely a form of art that should be treasured. There is nothing more interesting than a couple of rogue artists deciding to start a movement and create art that was considered to be so extreme and out of the ordinary that they were considered taboo. Most comic strip artists are famous today for the art they create and it is funny that there is no longer any form of controversy attached to this colorful type of art. We can honestly thank these artists for their addition to the history of art and it also leaves us wondering if it didn’t happen would we still be limited to the world of conservative and accepted art? Thanks guys, you made a change!