Anyone anywhere can suffer from acne problems for various reasons. Sure, there are many homemade remedies online that you can try out, but there is no guarantee that they will work for you. And what’s more, sometimes these homemade remedies backfire. Which is why it is best to talk to a dermatologist before you begin your acne treatment. The following article mentions some acne solutions which are surefire ways of assuring that you won’t have to deal with pesky blemishes on your article. And so, keep reading if you want to know more about some effective anti-acne solutions.
We can’t always blame our genetics for everything that is wrong with us. Granted that there are cases where a mere change in lifestyle won’t change anything, but there are also cases where a slight alteration of one’s life amounts to a noticeable decrease in acne. Here are some tips that you can try to prevent acne:
- Avoid dairy: If you’re someone that loves their milk or ice cream, this might be a little difficult to do. However, for a face that is pimple-free, this is a worthy sacrifice. Cow’s milk contains extra androgen hormones which, for a woman, may cause a hormonal imbalance, which eventually results in breakouts.
- Get a good night’s sleep: 7 to 8 hours of sleep should do it for you. However, you need to get into the habit of getting a good night’s sleep every night. This gives your skin the time that is needs to heal and recoup all the damages that might have been done to it during the day.
- Eat foods with antioxidants: In other words, blueberries, cranberries, and pomegranates. Yum! These fruits and other foods with antioxidants help your body and your face heal faster.
- Change your pillowcase: This might seem a little absurd to some, but there is a very logical reason behind that. If you use the same pillowcase every night then it is possible that the pillowcase contains leftover makeup residues or bacteria, which could eventually be the reason for the breakouts on your skin.
Products that you can use
Lifestyle changes might be enough for some, while for others, maybe not. And so, here are some anti-acne products that you can look into:
- Zen Med AHA/BHA Complex: This product can work like a toner and it helps reduce the size of one’s pores and it’s also effective against blackheads.
- ObagiClenziderm MD System: This might be a little too pricey for some, but this produce is a fantastic solution to your breakouts. And once it has been used, it doesn’t dry out the skin, which is a plus.
- CosMedix Clarity Serum: It heals acne quickly and reduces the scars that the acne might have caused.
Acne has been an age old problem for many people regardless of age or gender. That said, while it is genetic for some, there are still ways to reduce its appearance or to eliminate it altogether by making certain lifestyle changes and using some of the products mentioned above.