There are different reasons why you like doing art. You may like painting because it helps you pass time. You may love doing art because it helps you relax so that afterwards, you can focus on things that you find important.
When was the last time that you have thought about being energy efficient? If it has been a while, remember that being energy efficient can make huge changes with the world that we live in. You can always start with small things like making sure that you will not leave the lights on when no one is around. You can also make sure that you will dispose your paint materials properly. In time, you will start thinking about bigger things like asking yourself, “Are log homes energy efficient?” What matters is you will have a home wherein you can paint with ease.
It is likely that out of all the artworks that you have seen, you normally gravitate towards abstract art. Abstract paintings are usually full of geometric shapes that are meant to signify the things that we see around us. Abstract art is known to be interesting because it is unconventional. If you have never imagined that you will conform with other artists that you know, making your own version of abstract art will be useful.
Here are a few things that you can do so that you can paint properly:
- Know what type of canvas you are going to paint on. There are different types of canvas that are available for you. Some of these canvases can be used immediately but there are also some that you may need to stretch or cure a bit so that it can fit the effect that you are going for.
- Have the right type of paint handy. You will have your own preference when it comes to the paint that you are going to use. If you are a beginner, it is best to choose acrylics because if you make mistakes, you can paint over them with no issues at all. For oil paint however, they may be a bit odorous and will take longer to dry.
- Be aware of the color theory. Knowing your color wheel well will allow you to make decisions regarding the colors you are going to use for your abstract painting. If you would choose the right colors, you can expect that your painting will also look better.
- Decide whether you would like your painting to have warm colors or blue colors. If you are feeling truly artistic or you are trying to prove something through your painting, you can make a mixture of the two. Just make sure that the meaning of your painting will not get lost in translation.
- It is best to work with a textured background. This will improve the quality of your abstract painting. To create a textured background, you may want to apply a thick gel primer in shapes that you feel will complement the colors of your painting.
You will know when your artwork is already complete. You will have a feeling that you have already done all the things that can make it work properly.