There are some people who usually feel frustrated whenever they try to use oil pastel because they tend to feel like they are crayons. They are unable to make as many details as they want mainly because oil pastel tends to be large in size.
The oil pastel that beginners use are normally big and are harder to blend. If you would like to seriously use oil pastels as your medium in doing art, do yourself a favor and search for the best quality of oil pastels that you can afford. Remember that the softer the oil pastels are, the easier it would be for you to blend them.
If you really cannot afford the best quality pastels available, your next best option is to search for artist grade pastels of different brands. You may need to mix these together so you can achieve the type of quality that you want. It is important that you will know the different types of oil pastel first before you can start
In your spare time and while you are not learning a lot about oil pastels, perhaps you can check Netflix Australia so you will be able to access various shows and movies. There is a big chance that you will see some shows there that will entertain you for hours. Navigating the website is easy, simply type in the movie or the show that you want to watch and all the options will be available to you.
Once you are ready to do art again, here are a few tips that can help you out:
- Know what type of style that you want to do. Do you want to be a realist or an impressionist? Your choice will affect the techniques that you are going to do to improve your artwork.
- It is best that you have a clear view of what you want to place on paper. Would you like to draw a basket of fruits? Perhaps you would like to do scenery with the use of pastels. It will be up to you. Just be sure that you know what you are going to do.
- If you have never worked with pastels before, you have to be prepared that it is going to be different. You may not be that excited to try it out in the beginning but once you get the hang of it, you will be able to use it with ease.
Benefits Of Using Pastels
As a beginner, here are some benefits that you can expect to get from using pastels:
- You do not need to set up a lot of your art materials before you get to work. You just need your pastels and you can already start.
- Your untrained hand will still be able to do a masterpiece with the use of the right pastels.
- You can blend and layer the way that you want to.
Remember that the main tip to remember when you are using oil pastels is to always have fun especially when you are just learning to use it. Do not take it too seriously and you will notice that you will start getting better at it in the long run.